Information about the artist:
Born in 1954 in Cologne, Werner Kramer is deeply dedicated to art, especially to abstract oil paintings, since the beginning of 2004. Influenced by music and nature impressions on travels, he creates masterpieces which have been exhibited all over the world. The contrasting influences of music and nature give him an artistically inspiration for his next brushstrokes. Kramer’s paintings are illusions and fantasies that have been particularly developed in his dreams. The "summerrain" series serves as an example for the combination of sound and visual, nature given aspects.
Due to the short lifespan of such inspirations, Werner Kramer has to bring it to paper very quickly. As a consequence first brushstrokes are not more than rough sketches that develop later on into works of art . Sometimes he uses acrylic paint first as he can´t await it to dry and test the harmony of colors and forms. By sorting the chaos of colors in the further course a new artwork arises with a clear emphasis on oil paint. He continually complements or specifies his works over weeks until all colors, lines and shapes perfectly fit to the picture which he created in his inner eye before. His artworks are floating and offer an a new perspective into a world that can only be seen through his paintings.
Doraine de la Cruz, art expert, recently remarked: “The play with colors, partly realistic, but more fantastic, makes him an artist who clearly stands out from the crowd.”
Today Kramer is well known in Germany where he was invited to many exhibitions and vernissages. His unique and virtuosic usage of colors makes him stand out and contributes to his great and fast success.
Recently he is gaining more and more international attention, e.g. in Italy (see exhibitions below). Art historians such as Dr. Maria Leven have stated for example that Kramer's choice and use of colors reminds of great artists like Wassily Kandinsky und Ferdinand Hodler.
Selection of recent Exhibitions:
- Joint exhibition "Kunstsalon für Zeitgenössische Kunst", Tiengen, Germany 2017
- Solo exhibition "Himmel und Erde" Museum Hirsch, Hoechenschwang, Germany 2016
- Joint exhibition DOK7, Bad Godesberg, Germany 2016
- Joint exhibition Galerie ohne Namen, Hürth, Germany 2016
- Joint exhibition Glück Galerie Beck , Homburg, Germany 2016
- 5th MIXED ART BASEL, Switzerland 2015
- Joint exhibition Mediathek Kehl, Germay 2015
- Solo exhibition M.A.D GALLERY Milano, Italy 2015
- Solo exhibition Rathaus Kalk, Cologne, Germany 2015
- Exhibition of finalists from "Syrlin Kunstpreis“ Galerie im Verwaltungsgericht Stuttgart, Germany 2015
- Solo exhibition at the town hall Rodenkirchen, Cologne, Germany 2015
- Solo exhibition at the artclub Cologne, Germany 2014
- Gallery PHYSIOWID (Crossart international), Germany 2014
- Gallery "Schuch" Strohgasse 2D 53545 Linz, Germany 2014
- Solo exhibition Radicondoli, Siena, Italy 2013
- Sale Mostra Palazzo Bizzarini, Italy 2013
- Solo exhibition Kunstturm, Coburg, Germany 2013